How to Marry a Third-World Woman
And Live Happily Every After--Somewhere Else
January 14, 2013
Some years ago, encouraged by readers, I decided to write a book with the above title, and then decided I'd rather do other things, like drink red wine and sit with Vi on the roof-top patio and supervise the sunset. I mean, what if it didn't do it right?
So I didn't finish the book. But I had knocked out a few chapters, and now I figure I'll post them occasionally when I can't think of anything else.
Why would a man deliberately set out to marry a woman in the Third World—or, if you prefer, the “developing world”? For any of several reasons, which men talk about in private but not when they might be overheard:
(1) North American women (say these men) have been so corrupted by angry feminism that they have the appeal of a menopausing crocodile with the hives. Yes, there are gradations, and many exceptions, but you don’t find out whether she is an exception until, if she isn’t, it is too late. And yes, the men having these views often have had bad experiences, and remain angry. Nonetheless they tend to have similar opinions: The average American woman these days is charming as a hung-over ferret but less useful (ferrets kill mice). We all know the signs. There are the frequent complaints about sexism, discrimination, machismo, the throwaway snotty remarks about the male ego, immaturity, and fear of commitment (they have the last one right, God knows). You get the feeling that too many gringas are coiled like rattlesnakes, looking for slights about which to be enraged. Together these constitute what I think of as “the chip.”
You have to be crazy to tie yourself to such a creature—stark bug-fuck.
(2) The lack of femininity. The word is hard to define, but the quality is impossible to mistake. American women seem to want to be either androgynous horrors or smaller men with the appeal of a truss ad. On the street they dress in those awful Brooks Sisters business suits with the ugly blazers and little shoulder pads. You see them in restaurants, drinking too much and yelling, “He’s a fucking piece of shit,” apparently in the belief that talking like a jock in a rural locker room makes them one of the guys. Some of us don’t want to date one of the guys. We want to date a woman.
They don’t want to be feminine, don’t know what the word means and, if you bring the subject up, they say—spare me—“You just want a submissive woman.” No, actually, I don’t. Submissive women are boring. I just don’t want a squalling, hair-trigger bitch.
How much of this are we supposed to take? That is, if we have a choice? And we do.
(3) The courts make it dangerous to marry an American woman. If you marry one, the odds are fifty-fifty that it will end in divorce. Given the nature of US broads, the only worse outcome is that it might not. The odds are about two to one that she will file. The odds are overwhelming that you will be raped in court, forced to pay child support, very possibly not allowed to see your children, stripped of your home, have your pension attached and your passport confiscated. Women are vicious in divorce. Whether they are morally inferior to men can be debated—they don’t fight wars or bomb cities, for example—but in terminating marriages, they are heartless and often sadistic.
They do not—believe me—see you as having a right to know your kids. I talked once to a (female) divorce attorney. She confirmed what many in fathers-rights had told me: Men in divorce are invariably happy to give the woman access to the children. Women very often are not. They use them as weapons, and the courts support them in it. Stealing a man’s children is an excellent form of revenge. They use it to the hilt.
In court, every advantage lies with them. They are quite capable of accusing you of sexual molestation of the children as a legal tactic, and their lawyers will encourage them in it. “Child Protective Services” everywhere is in the hands of feminist zealots and they will work against you. Your support payments will be calculated by the courts based not on what you make, but on what the court thinks you could make. This is called “imputed income,” and you have probably never heard of it. Wait.
Don’t do it. You don’t have to. There are better women out there, much better.
(4) America is no longer a fit place to raise children. If you marry a gringa, she will in all likelihood expect to live in the United States. Your children will then go to the public schools, which are drug-ridden academic disasters with no hope of improvement in the time your kids will be in them.
Worse perhaps, they are propaganda mills instilling political correctness and weak character. You know the kind of thing: Sojourner Truth was the most important figure in the American Civil War, dodge ball is violence, Diversity is the only virtue of any importance, performance, grades, and competition are bad because some kids don’t do as well as others, schools exist to raise self-esteem, degraded English is admirable because it is what minorities speak and the purpose of schools is to make minorities feel good about themselves. The schools are run by women, usually stupid ones, and they try hard to feminize males. If you have boys, they stand a good chance of being forcibly drugged if they are bored and fidgety. The quality of the schools being what it is, they will be bored and fidgety.
You won’t be permitted to raise them. The government will do it. After spending the first half of the day being indoctrinated in school, they will spend the next half watching the lobotomy box (unless you are one of the very few with the strength not to allow the damned things in your house.) This will program them with the moral values, tastes, and misinformation that Hollywood and New York think proper. It will keep them from reading and in many cases leave them unable to read—the flick-flick-flick of TV does not promote an ability to concentrate. The result will be that you will be afraid to say anything that runs against pc because they will look at you as a monster.
You think this doesn’t happen? I’ve got news.
Do you want them growing up as mall rats, bored, taking drugs, getting into sex at fourteen, and never doing anything but hanging out? Or would you prefer to raise them abroad where you have influence? And where, incidentally, they will become natively fluent in another language.
(5) If you are, say, fifty or fifty-five, would you rather date some hormonal train-wreck of an American woman of the same age, or a lovely Thai woman of thirty or thirty-five without the freaking attitude? (It didn’t take you long to answer that one, did it?) Sure, in a perfect world, in which we conspicuously do not live, maybe age shouldn’t matter. But we all know it does. Pretty, young, sexy, and agreeable –oh, dear god, yes, agreeable, please--is a potent combination. If you are looking at another fifteen years on the planet, why not enjoy them?
(6) Money goes a lot further in the developing world, the government leaves you pretty much alone if you don’t do something really stupid, you aren’t gummed up in the developing police state in the United States and, for many men, especially the independent and self-directed, the Third World is just plain attractive.
(7) Finally, you might be sick of what the United States is becoming. More people are than will admit it. The surveillance, controlled press, propaganda, ever-increasing burden of rules and regulations—some weary of it. If you are a man who wants out for these reasons, then you are not leaving in search of a wife, but you will probably want one eventually.
This book is not specifically a guide to expatriation. Details of visas and immigration law can be found elsewhere, though I'll include hints here and there, but these can change over time. However, you need to know what conditions to expect if you choose to live abroad, what life is like. And you need to know what the women are like, how to find them, how not to get the wrong one, the pros and cons and pitfalls. Read on.